Lesson Study is professional development that empowers teachers to drive improvement as they incorporate new ideas and methods into their teaching. Lesson Study is bottom-up professional development. As you participate in Lesson Study, you will collaboratively plan lessons that become the focus of inquiry on effective teaching practices. Then you’ll observe one another teach lessons and collaboratively revise and refine your instructional plans.
Learn about Collaborative Lesson Study my book, available HERE
(use Promo Code TCP2019 for 20% off).
Check here for videos of Lesson Study in action:
Lesson Study League YouTube Channel
- A Different Approach to Teacher Learning: Lesson Study
- Re-Envisioning the One-Room Schoolhouse
- Short audio description of Lesson Study in process:
- Catherine Lewis describes Lesson Study:
- Lesson Study in a Turnaround School
Discussion Board: Comment or question for the group? Post here.